Sheer Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for Face SPF 50+1.7oz Tube
Meet your new daily sunscreen for indoor and outdoor protection. Blue Lizard’s Sheer Face sunscreen lotion rubs in smooth and dries clear for sheer mineral sun protection. This daily sunscreen combines dermatologist-recommended Zinc Oxide with plant extracts that protect skin from damaging blue light. With a super blend of hydrating hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, vitamin E and shea butter, this sheer sunscreen nourishes and moisturizes skin.
It’s also paraben free and fragrance free, to reduce the chance of skin irritation. With 80 minutes of water resistance and sweat resistance, this sunscreen is great for everyday sun protection whether you’re out running errands or catching waves at the beach.
Blue Lizard’s We Love the Reef sunscreens are Oxybenzone free and Octinoxate free for a beach sunscreen that has delicate coral reefs in mind. Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen has been trusted by dermatologists for over 20 years.
- Dermatologist recommended broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 50+ - Mineral active Zinc Oxide provides broad spectrum protection
- Sheer mineral sunscreen – Rubs in smooth and dries clear for sheer mineral sun protection
- Blue light protection – Plant extracts protect against blue light from screens
- Reduces Risk of Skin Aging - Prevents signs of aging caused by UV sun rays and fights free radicals with cucumber and papaya extracts
- Nourishes Skin – Super blend of hydrating hyaluronic acid, shea butter, antioxidants, and vitamin E to lock in moisture
- Paraben free and fragrance free – Contains no fragrances or parabens, to reduce the chance of skin irritation
- Won’t clog pores - Non-comedogenic face sunscreen made for daily wear
- Water resistant and sweat resistant – Up to 80 minutes water resistant so you stay protected longer
- We Love the Reef sunscreen – Contains no Oxybenzone and no Octinoxate to help protect delicate coral reefs
- OUR GUARANTEE - 30 days to try it—if you don't love it, returns and replacements are on us!
While we strive to keep the Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen ingredient lists on this website as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee 100% correctness all the time. We do guarantee the accuracy of the printed ingredients list on the product packaging.
- Titanium Dioxide 9%
- Zinc Oxide 6%
Alanine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Alumina, Aluminum Stearate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carcia Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Dimethoxydiphenylsilane/ Triethoxycaprylylsilane Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract, Gingko Biloba (Ginkgo) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Glycine, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Histidine, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Isoleucine, Isostearyl Alcohol, Isostearyl Isostearate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Extract, PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Phenylalanine, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Proline, Purified Water, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil, Serine, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sorbitan Isostearate, Squalane, Threonine, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Valine, and Xanthan Gum
Helps prevent sunburn and photo-damage caused by UVA/UVB exposure. Higher SPF gives more sunburn protection. If used as directed with other sun protection measures (see Directions), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- When using this product keep out of eyes.
- Rinse with water to remove.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation occurs.
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin if allergic to any ingredient.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Apply liberally to dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- For topical use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor.
SUN PROTECTION MEASURES
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses.
- To dry skin
- After 80 minutes of swimming or sweatign
- Immediately after towel drying
- At least every 2 hours
- Protect the product in the container from excessive heat and direct sun.
- May stain some fabrics
Blue Lizard's Sheer Mineral Sunscreens are made without Oxybenzone and Octinoxate to help protect our fragile reef ecosystems.LEARN MORE
Face sunscreen protects from Blue Light produced by screensLEARN MORE
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES "MINERAL-BASED SUNSCREEN" MEAN?
Mineral-based sunscreens combine mineral and chemical UV protectors for performance you can trust.
IS A HIGHER SPF ALWAYS BETTER?
Not necessarily. The FDA does not have adequate data demonstrating that products with SPF values higher than 50 provide additional protection compared to products with SPF values of 15-50. Most dermatologists recommend that everyone use a sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or higher.
IS BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN WATER RESISTANT OR WATERPROOF?
Blue Lizard Sunscreen started in Australia, where sunscreen standards allow stronger water resistance claims. Before moving to the United States, Blue Lizard Sport Original met the Australian criteria of 240 minutes water resistance and was tested in whirlpool (moving) water conditions.
In the United States, the FDA sets the standard for sunscreen water resistance claims. The FDA does not allow any sunscreen to claim that it is “waterproof,” “sweatproof” or capable of providing “all-day protection.”
Our 50+ SPF sunscreen sticks and lotions as well as our Sport, Sport Original, Active and Kids 30+ SPF lotions are water resistant for 80 minutes (the highest water resistance claim allowed by the FDA), and our Baby and Sensitive 30+ SPF formulas are water resistant for 40 minutes.