Sport Mineral-Based SunscreenSPF 50+ | 5 oz Bottle
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen’s SPF 50+ Sport sunscreen offers maximum water resistance and sweat resistance. This mineral-based sunscreen lotion starts with Zinc Oxide to provide broad spectrum protection for your ideal beach sunscreen or athletic sunscreen.
Whether you’re scoring goals or catching waves, Sport SPF 50+ protects you from harmful UV rays including 98% of UVB rays. This untinted sunscreen, rubs in smooth and dries clear. Blue Lizard’s We Love the Reef sunscreens are Oxybenzone free and Octinoxate free for a swimming sunscreen that has delicate coral reefs in mind. They’re also paraben free and fragrance free, which is ideal for sensitive skin.
With our Smart Bottle Technology, you’ll always know when harmful UV rays are present. Watch the bottle change color in sunlight as a reminder to stay sun safe wherever you are. Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen has been trusted by dermatologists for over 20 years.
- Dermatologist recommended broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 50+ - Mineral active Zinc Oxide provides broad spectrum protection
- We love the reef sunscreen – Contains no Oxybenzone and no Octinoxate to help protect delicate coral reefs
- Always mineral-based sunscreen with Zinc Oxide – Combining mineral and chemical UV protectors for water-resistant performance you can trust
- Paraben-free and fragrance-free – Contains no fragrances or parabens, making it ideal for sensitive skin
- Water resistant and sweat resistant – Up to 80 minutes water resistance, so you stay protected longer
- Smart Cap Technology - Cap turns blue when exposed to UV rays
- OUR GUARANTEE - 30 days to try it—if you don't love it, returns and replacements are on us!
While we strive to keep the Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Sport ingredient lists on this website as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee 100% correctness all the time. We do guarantee the accuracy of the printed ingredients list on the product packaging.
- Octisalate - 5%
- Titanium Dioxide - 5.36%
- Zinc Oxide - 10%
Alumina, Aluminum Stearate, Beeswax, Butyloctyl Salicylate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Isostearyl Isostearate, L-Arginine, Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Methylpropanediol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Phenylpropanol, Polygylceryl-4 Isostearate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polyurethane-35, Propanediol, Purified Water, Sorbitan Oleate, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer
Helps prevent sunburn and photo-damage caused by UVA/UVB exposure. Higher SPF gives more sunburn protection. If used as directed with other sun protection measures (see Directions), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- When using this product keep out of eyes.
- Rinse with water to remove.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation occurs.
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin or if allergic to any ingredient.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Apply liberally to dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- For topical use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor.
SUN PROTECTION MEASURES
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses.
- After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
- Immediately after towel drying
- At least every 2 hours
- Protect the product in the container from excessive heat and direct sun.
- May stain some fabrics
Blue Lizard's Sport Mineral-based Sunscreens are made without Oxybenzone and Octinoxate to help protect our fragile reef ecosystems.LEARN MORE
Our Sport SPF 50+ sunscreen lotion combines mineral and chemical UV filters for sun protection tough enough for any adventure. Or go mineral with our Sport SPF 50+ Spray sunscreen. All our sunscreens start with Zinc Oxide to form an invisible shield on your skin that bounces UV rays away from your body. A boosted 80 minutes of sweat and water resistsance means you can do what you and your family love with fewer interruptions.LEARN MORE
Mineral-based Sunscreen Every Blue Lizard Sunscreen protects you from
97% of the sun’s burning rays
Our sunscreens start with Zinc Oxide—an ingredient dermatologists trust to deliver UVA/UVB broad spectrum sun protection.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES "MINERAL-BASED SUNSCREEN" MEAN?
Mineral-based sunscreens combine mineral and chemical UV protectors for performance you can trust.
IS A HIGHER SPF ALWAYS BETTER?
Not necessarily. The FDA does not have adequate data demonstrating that products with SPF values higher than 50 provide additional protection compared to products with SPF values of 15-50. Most dermatologists recommend that everyone use a sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or higher.
IS BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN WATER RESISTANT OR WATERPROOF?
Blue Lizard Sunscreen started in Australia, where sunscreen standards allow stronger water resistance claims. Before moving to the United States, Blue Lizard Sport Original met the Australian criteria of 240 minutes water resistance and was tested in whirlpool (moving) water conditions.
In the United States, the FDA sets the standard for sunscreen water resistance claims. The FDA does not allow any sunscreen to claim that it is “waterproof,” “sweatproof” or capable of providing “all-day protection.”
Our 50+ SPF sunscreen sticks and lotions as well as our Sport, Sport Original, Active and Kids 30+ SPF lotions are water resistant for 80 minutes (the highest water resistance claim allowed by the FDA), and our Baby and Sensitive 30+ SPF formulas are water resistant for 40 minutes.