Sensitive Mineral SunscreenSPF 50+ | 8.75 oz Bottle
Designed with dermatologists, Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen’s mineral Sensitive sunscreen provides head-to-toe sun protection. The SPF 50+ formula starts with Zinc Oxide to provide broad spectrum protection from 97% of the sun’s burning rays. Sensitive contains no skin-irritating chemical sunscreen ingredients, no parabens and no fragrances.
We love the reef! Our Sensitive sunscreen’s water-resistant formula is made without Oxybenzone or Octinoxate to help protect fragile reef ecosystems.
- WE LOVE THE REEF – To help protect delicate coral reefs, Blue Lizard’s Sensitive sunscreen contains no Oxybenzone or Octinoxate
- MINERAL SUNSCREEN, NO CHEMICAL ACTIVE INGREDIENTS – Protects your skin by acting like thousands of tiny mirrors that reflect UV rays away before they enter your body
- SPF 50+ BROAD SPECTRUM UVA/UVB PROTECTION– Mineral active ingredients Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide provide broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays
- PARABEN-FREE & FRAGRANCE-FREE – Contains no fragrances or parabens, making it ideal for sensitive skin
- SWEAT AND WATER RESISTANT (80 MINUTES) – That’s twice as long as Blue Lizard’s original Sensitive formula
- OUR GUARANTEE - 30 days to try it—if you don't love it, returns and replacements are on us!
While we strive to keep the Blue Lizard ingredient lists on this website as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee 100% correctness all the time. We do guarantee the accuracy of the printed ingredients list on the product packaging.
- Zinc Oxide 10%
- Titanium Dioxide 8%
Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Aluminum Stearate, Beeswax, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chlorphenesin, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propanediol, Purified Water, Sorbitan Oleate, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP Hexadecene Copolymer
Helps prevent sunburn and photo-damage caused by UVA/UVB exposure. Higher SPF gives more sunburn protection. If used as directed with other sun protection measures (see Directions), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- When using this product keep out of eyes.
- Rinse with water to remove.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation occurs.
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin if allergic to any ingredient.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Apply liberally to dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- For topical use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor.
SUN PROTECTION MEASURES
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses.
- After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
- Immediately after towel drying
- At least every 2 hours
- Protect the product in the container from excessive heat and direct sun.
- May stain some fabrics
Blue Lizard's Sensitive Mineral Sunscreens are made without Oxybenzone and Octinoxate to help protect our fragile reef ecosystems.LEARN MORE
Mineral sunscreen is more than just a buzzword: it is a tried-and-trusted alternative to chemical sunscreens. Dermatologists trust Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide to deliver chemical-free, physical sun protection to you and your family. Pediatricians trust them to be gentle enough for your children. Mineral sunscreens are even a good choice for those with sensitive skin, eczema or rosacea.LEARN MORE
Mineral Sunscreen Every Blue Lizard Sunscreen protects you from
97% of the sun’s burning rays
For sensitive skin, dermatologists, allergists and pediatricians recommend using mineral sunscreens with Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide. Mineral sunscreens work by sitting on top of skin, making them less likely to irritate sensitive skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHY DO THE BOTTLES AND TUBE CAPS CHANGE COLOR?
We use a special dye in the plastic that is sensitive to UV light, so that when the bottle (or tube cap) is blue or pink, you know it’s time to apply sunscreen.
DOES THE SUNSCREEN CHANGE COLOR?
The sunscreen itself does not turn blue or pink. It does start as white in the bottle, tube or stick and rubs in clear on skin.
IS A HIGHER SPF ALWAYS BETTER?
Not necessarily. The FDA does not have adequate data demonstrating that products with SPF values higher than 50 provide additional protection compared to products with SPF values of 15-50. Most dermatologists recommend that everyone use a sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or higher.