Active Mineral Sunscreen SpraySPF 50+ | 5 oz
Mineral spray sunscreen with a tropical twist. Blue Lizard Active Spray Sunscreen is all of the convenience of spray-on sun protection with broad spectrum UVA / UVB protection. This Zinc Oxide spray sunscreen is also free from chemical active ingredients and harmful airborne titanium dioxide that can be found in other spray sunscreens.
Why just protect your skin when you can nourish it, too? Blue Lizard spray sunscreens are enriched with antioxidants and skin nourishing botanicals to leave skin feeling smooth and not sticky. Unlike other mineral sunscreens, this adventure-ready sun protection rubs in smooth and dries clear, so you don’t have to worry about your SPF showing. Water and sweat are no problem. A trusted beach sunscreen and swimming sunscreen, Active Spray Sunscreen is ready for any adventure with 80 minutes of water resistance and sweat resistance.
Love your skin and the planet. Blue Lizard spray sunscreens use consciously selected ingredients and an earth-friendly propellant with an ultra-low global warming potential. They are also free from Oxybenzone and Octinoxate to help protect delicate coral reefs.
- Zinc Only Mineral Protection - Provides broad spectrum protection without harmful airborne titanium dioxide
Antioxidant enriched - Contains nourishing botanical ingredients to soften and moisturize the skin
Made with Earth Friendly Propellant - Has an ultra-low global warning potential (GWP)
Gentle on Skin - Contains no parabens, phthalates, gluten or alcohol making it ideal for sensitive skin
Sweat and Water Resistant (80 minutes) - Up to 80 minutes water resistant so you stay protected longer
We <3 The Reef - Free from Oxybenzone and Octinoxate to help protect delicate coral reefs
- Our guarantee - 30 days to try it—if you don't love it, returns and replacements are on us!
While we strive to keep the Blue Lizard ingredient lists on this website as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee 100% correctness all the time. We do guarantee the accuracy of the printed ingredients list on the product packaging.
- Zinc Oxide 24%
Inactive Ingredients: Butyloctyl Salicylate, C9-12 Alkane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Caprylyl Glycol, Diisopropyl Adipate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Di-PPG-3 Myristyl Ether Adipate, Dunaliella Salina Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Pongamia Glabra Seed Oil, Quaternium-90 Montmorillonite, Quaternium-90 Sepiolite, Tetrafluoropropene, Triethoxycaprylylsilane
Helps prevent sunburn and photo-damage caused by UVA/UVB exposure. Higher SPF gives more sunburn protection. If used as directed with other sun protection measures (see Directions), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- For external use only. Contents under pressure. Do not puncture or incinerate.
- Flammable: Keep away from fire or flame.
- When using this product keep out of eyes.
- Rinse with water to remove.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation occurs.
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin if allergic to any ingredient.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Apply liberally to dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Hold container 4 to 6 inches from the skin to apply. Rub in.
- Do not spray directly into face. Spray on hands then apply to face. Rub in.
- Do not apply in windy conditions.
- Use in a well-ventilated area and avoid inhalation.
- For topical use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor.
SUN PROTECTION MEASURES
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses.
- To dry skin
- After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
- Immediately after towel drying
- At least every 2 hours
- Protect the product in the container from excessive heat and direct sun.
- May stain some fabrics
Blue Lizard's Sheer Mineral Sunscreens are made without Oxybenzone and Octinoxate to help protect our fragile reef ecosystems.LEARN MORE
With 80 minutes of sweat resistance and water resistance, this adventure-ready sun protection rubs in smooth and dries clear, so you don’t have to worry about your SPF showing.LEARN MORE
Blue Lizard spray sunscreens use consciously selected ingredients and an earth-friendly propellant with an ultra-low global warming potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES "MINERAL-BASED SUNSCREEN" MEAN?
Mineral-based sunscreens combine mineral and chemical UV protectors for performance you can trust.
IS A HIGHER SPF ALWAYS BETTER?
Not necessarily. The FDA does not have adequate data demonstrating that products with SPF values higher than 50 provide additional protection compared to products with SPF values of 15-50. Most dermatologists recommend that everyone use a sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or higher.
IS BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN WATER RESISTANT OR WATERPROOF?
Blue Lizard Sunscreen started in Australia, where sunscreen standards allow stronger water resistance claims. Before moving to the United States, Blue Lizard Sport Original met the Australian criteria of 240 minutes water resistance and was tested in whirlpool (moving) water conditions.
In the United States, the FDA sets the standard for sunscreen water resistance claims. The FDA does not allow any sunscreen to claim that it is “waterproof,” “sweatproof” or capable of providing “all-day protection.”
Our 50+ SPF sunscreen sticks and lotions as well as our Sport, Sport Original, Active and Kids 30+ SPF lotions are water resistant for 80 minutes (the highest water resistance claim allowed by the FDA), and our Baby and Sensitive 30+ SPF formulas are water resistant for 40 minutes.