Sport Mineral-Based SunscreenSPF 30+ | 8.75 oz Bottle
Designed for serious sun protection, Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen’s mineral-based Sport sunscreen starts with Zinc Oxide to provide true broad spectrum sun protection. Whether you’re scoring goals or catching waves, Sport is designed to keep up with maximum water resistance and sweat resistance. We love the reef, so our new formula contains no Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, parabens or fragrances.
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen has been trusted by dermatologists for over 20 years.
- WE LOVE THE REEF – To help protect delicate coral reefs, our Sport sunscreen contains no Oxybenzone or Octinoxate
- ALWAYS MINERAL-BASED – Combining mineral and chemical UV protectors for water-resistant performance you can trust
- DERMATOLOGIST-RECOMMENDED BROAD SPECTRUM UVA/UVB SPF 30+ – Mineral active Zinc Oxide provides true broad spectrum protection
- PARABEN-FREE & FRAGRANCE-FREE – Contains no fragrances or parabens, making it ideal for sensitive skin
- WATER RESISTANT AND SWEAT RESISTANT – Up to 80 minutes water resistance, so you stay protected longer
- OUR GUARANTEE - 30 days to try it—if you don't love it, returns and replacements are on us!
While we strive to keep the Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen ingredient lists on this website as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee 100% correctness all the time. We do guarantee the accuracy of the printed ingredients list on the product packaging.
- Octocrylene, 4%
- Zinc Oxide, 9.7%
Beeswax, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chlorphenesin, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Octododecyl Neopentanoate, PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propanediol, Purified Water, Sorbitan Oleate, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP Hexadecene Copolymer
Helps prevent sunburn and photo-damage caused by UVA/UVB exposure. Higher SPF gives more sunburn protection. If used as directed with other sun protection measures (see Directions), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- When using this product keep out of eyes.
- Rinse with water to remove.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation occurs.
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin if allergic to any ingredient.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Apply liberally to dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- For topical use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor.
SUN PROTECTION MEASURES
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses.
- After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
- Immediately after towel drying
- At least every 2 hours
- Protect the product in the container from excessive heat and direct sun.
- May stain some fabrics
Blue Lizard's Sport Mineral-based Sunscreens are made without Oxybenzone and Octinoxate to help protect our fragile reef ecosystems.LEARN MORE
Our mineral-based sunscreens combine mineral and chemical UV filters for sun protection tough enough for any adventure. All our sunscreens start with Zinc Oxide to form an invisible shield on your skin that bounces UV rays away from your body. A boosted 80 minutes of sweat and water resistsance means you can do what you and your family love with fewer interruptions.LEARN MORE
Mineral-based Sunscreen Every Blue Lizard Sunscreen protects you from
97% of the sun’s burning rays
Our sunscreens start with Zinc Oxide—an ingredient dermatologists trust to deliver UVA/UVB broad spectrum sun protection.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES "MINERAL-BASED SUNSCREEN" MEAN?
Mineral-based sunscreens combine mineral and chemical UV protectors for performance you can trust.
IS A HIGHER SPF ALWAYS BETTER?
Not necessarily. The FDA does not have adequate data demonstrating that products with SPF values higher than 50 provide additional protection compared to products with SPF values of 15-50. Most dermatologists recommend that everyone use a sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or higher. You can learn more about SPF here.
IS BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN WATER RESISTANT OR WATERPROOF?
Blue Lizard Sunscreen started in Australia, where sunscreen standards allow stronger water resistance claims. Before moving to the United States, Blue Lizard Sport Original met the Australian criteria of 240 minutes water resistance and was tested in whirlpool (moving) water conditions.
In the United States, the FDA sets the standard for sunscreen water resistance claims. The FDA does not allow any sunscreen to claim that it is “waterproof,” “sweatproof” or capable of providing “all-day protection.”
Our 50+ SPF sunscreen sticks and lotions as well as our Sport, Sport Original, Active and Kids 30+ SPF lotions are water resistant for 80 minutes (the highest water resistance claim allowed by the FDA), and our Baby and Sensitive 30+ SPF formulas are water resistant for 40 minutes.